Economic development is a team sport!
In order to promote economic development and strategic growth in our business communities, it is critical for the private sector to partner with local government on critical issues. Our chamber maintains strong communication with our local governing agencies, businesses and entrepreneurs for purposes of businesses development and job creation. This is a priority for our Chamber and we invest considerable time and resources to ensure economic development is also seen as a priority in our local communities. Businesses pay a large share of tax revenues resulting in making the cost of living here more affordable for our residents and provides a quality of life that includes great schools, safe communities, and nationally acclaimed parks and trail systems. The Chamber works to support our businesses so that they can continue to support the communities where they are located and create desirable family wage jobs for residents.
The Puyallup Sumner Chamber is vigilant about identifying hurdles that potentially hinder economic development. We focus our resources on the following areas that can impact successful economic growth and sustainability:
- Land use and zoning
- Permitting timeframes and processes
- Development fees
- Infrastructure | power, water, sewer, storm water, fiber, sidewalks, roads, etc.
- Business Licensing
- Identification of potential regional gaps in industry
- Workforce Development
- Community branding and marketing
- Regional economic development partnerships and recruitment strategies
- Ongoing relationships with legislators, elected’s and officials
- Ongoing relationships with business organizations to support growth, expansion and job creation
- Ongoing relationships with business organizations to collect economic impact data
Local Economic Development agencies: