Located midway between the Ports of Tacoma and Seattle, many manufacturing
and distribution companies have located in Puyallup and Sumner.
- The cities of Puyallup and Sumner are situated at the foot of scenic Mount Rainier in the beautiful Puget Sound region, 10 miles east of Tacoma and approximately 35 miles south of Seattle.
- SeaTac International Airport is 20 miles north of Puyallup and Sumner. The fastest growing airport in the U.S., the Port of Seattle forecasts a record 48 million passengers will fly through Sea-Tac Airport in 2017 making it one of the top 10 airports in the nation and ahead of the next three busiest airports (Houston, Phoenix, and Miami).
- Sound Transit commuter stations are located in both Puyallup and Sumner downtowns and offer 30 minute rides to Seattle.
- More than one million cruise passengers are expected at Seattle ports in 2017.
- Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) is approximately 22 miles from Puyallup and Sumner. With nearly 49,000 soldiers, federal employees and contractors and a labor earnings impact of nearly $2.9 billion within Pierce County.
- Three freeways run through the cities of Puyallup and Sumner;
- SR 167
- SR 410
- SR 512
- Average daily traffic volume on Hwy 167:
- 85,000 South of Sumner (2009)
- 91,000 North of Sumner (2009)